5.23.2010

Spirited Away...

Spirited Away (c) Studio Ghibli

Hello there!
First time blogging, and not sure what to write. I'm sure I'll be more inspired another night. For now, I'm just trying to figure out how this all works. I've always been an avid blog-follower, but I've never really taken the initiative to create one until now.
I'm currently watching Spirited Away, an amazing Hayao Miyazaki film about a young girl who becomes stuck in the spirit world and must work in a bathhouse for the spirits to free herself as well as her unfortunate parents. She is a heroine who grows immensely from these magical adventures with the help of some quirky and unlikely friends. The animation is beyond spectaular,with expressive characters and sweeping landscapes. The detail is astounding. There's something about the music that makes me want to watch it over and over again. The piano bits are really something. It's beyond spectacular, really.
Who knows what I'll write about, but you can expect a lot of entries on food, fashion, music, movies and random art projects that I take up from time to time. Hope you all enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment